Identity Theft is a serious crime. It occurs when someone takes your personal information without your knowledge and uses it to commit fraud or other crimes. Identity Theft can damage your credit and cost you. Recent statistics from the US Government suggest that you can expect it to cost on average $1,200 and take around 600 hours to repair your credit.
What is Debit Card Protection?
Iowa State Savings Bank is dedicated to keeping your information secure. We participate in Shazam's Fraud Alert program. Shazam monitors your regular spending habits and puts up a red flag anytime there is something out of the ordinary. In some instances, Shazam can identify fraud even before you do. If this happens, Shazam will alert you by phone to help you resolve the situation. It is important to keep your phone number up-to-date at the bank so that you can be contacted expediently. Make sure to save these numbers in your phone so you don't miss any alerts.
Text message alerts: 72718
Automated phone calls: 855-219-5399
To report fraud: 866-508-2693
Click here to learn how it works.
What if Identity Theft happens to me?
Unfortunately, Identity Theft can strike any of us. If you have been a victim of Identity Theft, here are some steps you can take to minimize the impact:
- Contact your financial institution(s) about the situation and close any accounts that have been affected or that have been opened fraudulently
- Contact the three major credit bureaus, review reports for any other signs of Identity Theft and place a "Fraud Alert" on your credit reports
- Equifax: 1-800-525-6285
- Experian: 1-888-397-3742
- TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289
- File a police report
- Report the theft to the Federal Trade Commission
- 1-877-438-4338 or TTY 1-866-653-4261
- Identity Theft Clearinghouse, Federal Trade Commission, Washington, DC 20580
- Document the entire process
What should I do if my Debit Card is lost or stolen or if I notice fraudulent account activity?
During regular business hours, please call Iowa State Savings Bank Customer Service:
Toll Free: 888-508-0142
After regular business hours:
Dispute a Transaction or Report Suspected Fraud on your Account
- Please click here to complete the form to begin your fraudulent transaction dispute or call us at 641-782-1000.
Why should I choose online statement versus paper statements?
- Receiving Online Statements eliminates the risk of identify theft or fraud as a result of stolen mail
- Online statements provide all the same informational as paper statements
- You can view and print statements from your online banking account
- The service is free