Home Buying Tips
Ready to take the next big step in your life? Buying a home is the single largest investment most of us ever make. Here are a few tips for when you begin the search!
Know the Expenses of Homeownership
- Home Insurance
- Repairs & Maintenance
- Real Estate Taxes
- Homeowners Fees
- Save and determine what you can personally afford for a down payment. Usually 10- 20% is an ideal down payment.
Know Your Credit Score
- Check your credit score and make sure that your credit history is healthy.
- By law, you are entitled to a free credit report from each credit reporting agency every 12 months. View your credit report at AnnualCreditReport.com.
Find a Mortgage Lender
Start House Hunting
- Find a knowledgeable realtor in your area.
- Compare prices in your area.
- Have a home inspection done prior to your purchase.
Iowa State Savings Bank Mortgage Services
Mortgage Loan Calculator
Contact us to learn more.